This wreath is the perfect way to welcome trick-or-treaters this Halloween and a fun project to make with your kids.
You will need:
Orange and black curling ribbon (9 yards each)
14-inch straw wreath
12 8-inch squares white tissue paper
12 Hershey’s kisses
12 9-inch squares white cotton fabric
Black felt-tip marker
Assorted fun-size Halloween candies
1. Holding ends of orange and black ribbon together, tie securely around wreath
2. Begin wrapping ribbon around wreath making sure to keep each color spread apart so they don’t overlap and cover each other up.
3. Anchor ribbon to original knot once the wreath is wrapped
4. Cut five 1-yard lengths of both orange and black ribbon
5. Holding ribbons together, tie in a knot around wreath at the point where the wrapping begins and ends (step 3)
6. Curl ends using scissors
8. Wrap a tissue around a chocolate kiss and place in the center of a cotton square
9. Gather cotton around the kiss/tissue and tie a ribbon underneath to create a ghost.
10. Use the marker to create a face on the ghost
11. Attach ghost to the ribbon you made in step 5
12. Repeat steps 8-10 eleven more times and place ghosts evenly around the wreath.
13. Fill in the wreath by anchoring candy with ribbon
14. Make sure all ribbon ends are curled