Lest you think all we did on our girl’s getaway to Atlanta was eat amazing food, I wanted to tell you about one of the most memorable activities of our trip. The thrift store game! It’s perfect for youth groups or crazy moms like us who are celebrating being away from their children by acting like overgrown ones themselves.
Lexi put this Thrift Store Game together for us and here are the rules:
- Split up into teams of two people per team
- The first team to find and photograph 10 out of the 20 list items wins. We used our phones and the free Voxer walkie talkie app to send photos to the moderator in real time. Lexi was there with us, but the moderator could be in another state if you wanted them to be.
- The moderator’s approval is law. No explanation required.
- If the item is an article of clothing it must be worn in the photograph (with the exception of shoes and hats for hygienic reasons)
- Actually spend some money in the store afterward. We’re not here just to use the place as a free playground.
Are you ready to pop some tags with only $20 in your pocket? (Sorry. Couldn’t resist.)
We chose America’s Thrift Store in Atlanta for our Thrift Store Game and here’s the list of items Lexi wrote out before we even arrived.
- A dress with sequins and shoulder pads
- Anything animal print
- A belt with a buckle
- 80′s business suit
- Anything pleather
- A house coat
- A cat
- A picture frame with a real photograph left in it
- Grandpa’s pants
- A DVD or VHS you have owned
- Cowboy boots
- Stipper heels
- A tutu
- A t-shirt with a horrifying picture/phrase
- Bell bottoms
- ♪ Boots with the fur ♪
- An Etch-a-Sketch
- A leopard print slipper
- A book title that makes you think “That’s what she said.” (maybe skip that one for youth groups. )
80′s business suit, animal print, tutu, stripper heels, house coat. cat. You can see where some of these things would be up for debate which is why the moderator’s decision is law. The end. Makes things so much easier.
Amy and I won thanks to our dirty minds
Maybe Candy and Lydia would have had better luck if they hadn’t tried to pass off a lion as a cat. Hope you have as much fun with The Thrift Store Game as we did!