Mom made up a batch of Homemade Skin Cream with her KitchenAid mixer and was nice enough to share some with me.
Why make homemade skin cream?
- Heavy-Duty moisture – If regular lotion isn’t getting the job done, try this thick mixture.
- You are in control of the ingredients – If you’re like my inlaws and refuse to put anything on your skin that you can’t pronounce then you’ll save a bundle my making your own skin cream.
- Gifts – For little more than the cost of a tube of lotion at the Dollar Tree you can make a homemade gift that is much more thoughtful and eye-catching.
This particular recipe makes four 8oz jars and costs about $1.00 per “serving.” Allow a little more for the price of the container depending on what you decide to use.
8oz Vitamin E Cream
16oz Baby Lotion
8oz Coconut Oil
- Substitue Vaseline for coconut oil
- Use unscented lotion with a few drops of your favorite essential oil
- Try lavender baby lotion for a purple gift
- Package in empty baby food jars as baby shower favors