Remember when our only viewing choices were 5 channels on tube TV? Gone are those days! New technology is changing my family’s home entertainment habits. We aren’t the most techno-savvy family on the block but just in the last year we’ve incorporated a DVR and a smart phone into our media viewing routines. Over the last two years we’ve also started using sites and services such as Amazon Prime, Pandora, Hulu, and Spotify. If our habits have changed this much I can only imagine what techie families are into right now! This data gives me an idea though:
- According to Accenture, 49% of consumers now view over-the-top (OTT) content as well as usual TV
- According to Pew Research 46% of adult internet users are creating their own content and 41% are helping reach an even wider audience by reposting it on social media sites.
- InMobi states that of the many uses of mobile, 70% of consumer will or would use it to watch television or some form of online content.
TiVo is leading the way in home entertainment with technology customized for the family.
- Integration with Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu
- Inclusion of other applications such as Pandora, Spotify, and more.
- Seamless integration across both mobile and iPad.
TiVo Premiere offers many other options for home entertainment. Personally I love the idea that Hubs can watch his shows on the TV (UFC fights anyone?) while I watch guilty pleasures on my phone (Sister Wives and Honey Boo Boo. Don’t judge.) Couples are able to cuddle on the couch enjoying quiet downtime together without arguing over what to watch or suffering through the other’s choice of programming. Watching content on-the-go holds a certain appeal for me as well, particularly during road trips.
What features of TiVo Premiere will your family benefit from the most?
One Sweet T Makes Three reader will receive a $100 Amex gift card courtesy of TiVo
Mandatory entry: Tweet to me @SweetTMakes3 with the hashtag #ImWithTiVo which benefits of TiVo Premiere you think will make the most impact in your home. Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
Optional bonus entries: May only be completed after the mandatory entry is completed. Leave a comment for each entry.
1. “Like” Sweet T Makes Three on Facebook (1 entry)
2. Subscribe to Sweet T Makes Three via reader or email (1 entry)
3. Add my button to your blog (2 entries)
4. Comment Bonus: Leave a thoughtful, relevant comment on any non-giveaway blog post here at Sweet T Makes Three (3 entries)
Giveaway ends 1/29/13 at 11:59 PM CDT. I will use the “And the winner is” plugin to randomly choose a winner who will have 48 hours to respond to their winning notification before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to residents of the United States only. This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.