Convenient Cooking with Maytag #MaytagMoms

8 Flares 8 Flares ×

‘Tis the season for baking, baking, baking! Have you started baking holiday treats yet? We’re fans of cookies all year round and my Maytag has the power and even-baking performance to feed our sweet tooth. With its 6.2 cu. ft. capacity I think it could even handle my mother-in-law’s Christmas cookie load, which is no small task.

Sweet T likes to help bake cookies (and by bake I mean place pre-packaged dough circles on a cookie sheet ;)) and with the Maytag range we can actually watch her cookies baking. The visibility with this range compared to our old range is like going from a black and white tube television to a big screen HDTV. The window is so large and clear and the light is so bright that there’s no need to open the oven to take a peek during the process.

See what I mean? Opening the oven to check on food is one of Hubs’ pet peeves since it lets heat into the house. This range makes my utility bill ogre happy! You can also see that the cookies are baking evenly. No need to rotate the cookie sheet during the cooking process.

Another of my favorite features of the range is the speed heat option which allows the right front burner to boil water twice as fast as my old range. Making macaroni and cheese for Sweet T is even quicker now. She’s actually interested in helping make the mac and cheese since she doesn’t get impatient waiting for the water to boil. Maytag just disproved the saying that “a watched pot never boils.” ;) The expandable left front burner is handy too and winds up being the burner I use most next to the speed heat eye.

Function gets an A+ from be so let’s move on to cleaning. We live in the hot, humid South and when it’s warm outside (80% of the year around here!) I refuse to use a high-heat self-cleaning feature. Goodness knows I’m not going to actually scrub the oven by hand, therefore I would only clean the oven in the winter. That made for a dirty oven most of the time! Thanks to the Maytag range now I can have a clean oven when “company is coming over” even if it’s the middle of July! The Maytag range has an innovative coating with AquaLift Self-Clean technology that activates with water and heat to release tough baked on soils from underneath without extreme heat or odor. And the utility bill ogre is pleased once again.

For more information about Maytag be sure to check out Maytag on Twitter andMaytag on Facebook.

I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Kitchen Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with a Maytag kitchen appliances set, including a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and range to facilitate my post.

Comments

1. Very nice! We are getting used to our gas range.

2. I love flat-top style stoves!

3. I haven’t started baking yet but that oven/stove looks sweet!

4. If I had an oven like that, I would bake cookies all day long!

5. Very nice! =)

6. I’m so jealous! I could use one of those in my kitchen!

7. I have an old Jenn-Air and would love a smooth top stove. Yours looks great!

8. Every year during my baking spree (which happens to have gone day today) I wish for a double oven. I bet that flat cooktop is a breeze to clean!

9. I love those flat top style stoves!

10. What a great stove!

11. So jealous. I need a new stove so bad and this one looks great.

12. Love it! It sounds like a wonderful set.

13. It’s so shiny!!

14. Jenn I had to smile at your mention of using prepackaged cookies. That glass is so clear. I can’t wait until I have newer appliances.

15. I never cook in my oven it burns everything I swear the temp gage is broken hubby says its my cooking. I don’t even think a Maytag could save me :( but I’d like to think that one day I’ll be able to find out

16. Such a pretty oven.

17. I’m hoping our new oven will be great too…will find out in a few weeks!

18. Thomas Murphy says:

This oven is beautiful. I love that you can clean it year round even in the summer.

19. I’ve never heard of AquaLift Self-Clean technology. Sounds great! I have to scrub my stove top every night. Would love to see how that technology worked.

20. Lisa Brown says:

I love the clean look of it. My MIL’s range just went out. She has been researching them and just does not know which to buy. I will show her this one. Thank you!

21. It sounds like they’ve made some good advances with self cleaning. It’s beautiful, too!

22. shelly peterson says:

Wow, what an awesome oven. this has everything you could want in an oven and more! : )

23. I love that speed heat option – boiling water takes forever here.

24. I love that range and stove!!!

25. that stove and microwave combination looks so nice together – I really like the look of the appliances.

26. Wish I had a nice range like this. Mine is propane :o(

27. Stephanie Larison says:

Wow, this looks great! The one we have is so old, I’ve been nagging on hubby saying we need a new one. Like this!! :)

28. Amanda Alvarado says:

This looks so cool! We have on of those cabinet/built in ovens and it is so small! I miss having a big oven like this one!

29. kelly nicholson says:

i really want that oven…can i keep it?

30. Very nice!

31. rebecca shockley says:

This sounds like it would handle my mother’s baking as well, the flat top thouh is my favorite feature!

32. Richard Hicks says:

This is a very very nice oven. It is very nice looking and chocked full of super features. I do like the extra viewing area the oven window gives.

33. kathy pease says:

I wish I had had this stove for all my holiday baking..its awesome! You definitely cant beat a maytag appliance :)

34. I want one! I love the speed heat option on the right front burner…I would use it a lot! I like that you can see the food baking and not have to open the door too, the clean oven in July is nice( I live in the humid hot South also)..and finally you can watch a pot and it will boil! :) Thanks for the very insightful review!

35. Aren’t smooth top stoves great? So much easier to keep clean. I’m a little jealous yours has the quick boil burner, though. Haha! Wish mine had that. Congrats on your new Maytag appliances, they are gorgeous!

36. Katie Contests says:

While smooth-top stoves are easier to maintain, I hate the fact that I can’t gauge the “flame” like I can with a gas stove! This has led to many boil-overs while making pasta! Also, I have issues remembering that the flat stovetop is HOT after use… I’ve burned a few dishrags and potholders :[

The bright light in the oven is great, though. So many times I’ve had to open the oven door and let the heat out just to see if my cookies were OK in there!

37. Tami Vollenweider says:

I’m a big cookie baker at X-Mas and the clear front would be great,so I wouldn’t have to keep opening the door

38. It would be great to see into my oven. Have to open the door to see in.

39. I have a double oven and I LOVE it. I don’t think I could live with out it.

40. It’s a BEAUTIFUL appliance! I love the huge window. My kids really enjoy watching things in the oven, too. I don’t have an ogre in my house and I find checking on things is easier when I open the oven so that’s how I check. I don’t think I’d do that if I had a window this size!

41. I love that you can boil water faster!! I also love how big it looks. I could definitely whip out a few batch of cookie a lot faster. Definitely going to have to check this out. I have another little person who loves to watch things bake. Definitely a bonus

42. If I had a new oven like that I think I would be baking 24/7. We have a gas range though so getting use to a flat top would make me a little “off” at first I think

43. Looks so nice! My oven is so outdated and I really need to buy a new one soon

44. We would love to watch the cookies bake like that.

45. I love how big and clear the oven window is. Mine is tinted and even when you turn the light on you can’t quite see if things are done. wish I had yours.

46. The big oven window with a bright oven light is a great feature for bakers. And don’t you love the smooth top range!

47. The appliances are beautiful! So pretty. I love silver appliances!! Congrats

48. I love the cook top and loved getting to see it up close at the Whirlpool event I attended. Their appliances are top notch and one day I hope to replace my broken down stove and fridge with reliable appliances.

49. I wish mine had AquaLift Self-Clean technology! Sounds wonderful! These appliances have such a nice, sleek look to them, too!

50. courtney b says:

gorgeous! i’ve never seen more perfect cookies!:) love the stainless steel look

51. Cynthia C says:

The AquaLift Self-Clean technology sounds wonderful! I hope it works well without additional cleaning and that the coating doesn’t wear off in time. You’ll have to let us know.

52. I love flat top stoves! They are so easy to clean

53. shelly peterson says:

Love the AquaLift Self-Clean technology , I want this :)

54. Thomas Murphy says:

Love stainless steel appliances and the large window so you can see everything!

55. Laura Jacobson says:

Oh I love that large window so you dont have to keep opening the oven to check on stuff cooking! And…the boiling quicker is so cool! I get so tired waiting for water to boil to cook noodles! Not to mention how sharp it looks! Beautiful!

56. That stove is AWESOME!

57. We’re planning to remodel our kitchen. It’s in the planning stage. I put this beautiful stove on my pininterest board titled “My dream kitchen”.