I love that these give the look of a time-consuming cookie creation using only sugar cookie dough!
Ingredients – Yeild 60
1 18 oz roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 18oz roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter cookie dough and flour and mix well. Divide in half. In separate large mixing bowl, combine sugar cookie dough and cocoa powder; mix well. Divide dough in half.
2. Between pieces of wax paper, roll out one portion of the peanut butter dough into a 12×6″ rectangle. Roll one portion of the chocolate dough to the same size. Remove the top pieces of waxed paper. Invert one dough rectangle on top of the other and press down gently to seal. Remove top piece of wax paper.
3. Tightly roll up dough, jelly roll style, starting from a long side. Repeat with remaining peanut butter and chocolate dough portions. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place the slices 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.