Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

97 Flares 97 Flares ×
 It’s probably socially irresponsible to share this recipe because once you’ve tried it, you’ll never settle for a plain PB&J again.

Ingredients:
Peanut Butter
Jelly (I’m using homemade pear preserves)
Butter or spread
Bread

I’m sorry if insults your intelligence to demonstrate how to assemble a PB&J, but I’m a step-by-step kind of gal.
Once assembled, butter both sides of the bread
Grill both sides over medium heat just like you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
If you’re using preserves like I did, let it cool for a minute because those fruit pieces get hot!
Serve with chips….or another grilled PB&J because you’ll want another one right away!

Comments

1. S. Greiner says:

That looks amazing…we might have to try those for lunch today!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

2. I am going to make this for lunch and see what my kids think! It makes a boring PB&J fun, that is for sure!

3. Natural Momma says:

huah! I am making this for lunch today as well!
    Geez, girl- talk about making me drool!

4. That looks so good! I never would have thought to grill up my pb&j. Think I need to run home for lunch and make one of these. Thanks for sharing.

5. Rebecca Henson says:

So- I totally made these yesterday for lunch for the kids (and me!) IT WAS SO GOOD!
    Thank you, again!

6. Anne - Mommy Has to Work says:

That looks great – I’ll have to try it!

7. Stefani says:

I bet it is good. I will have to try this out this summer with the kids!

8. I’ve never thought of cooking a PBJ…hmmm…I’ve got to try this. Thanks for sharing!

9. Lindsey@Kindred Spirit Mommy says:

I’ve never tried this and am wondering if I can do it… LOL. But I think I will this week! Thanks for the idea!

• Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three says:

You can do it. Waaaay easy. If you have a George Foreman Grill it makes it even easier. ;)

10. Oh, I bet the peanut butter gets all melty and good. I love a really hot bagel with peanut butter for that reason. We are so having this for lunch tomorrow!

11. Zoe Kyklos says:

Oh wow. This really made me hungry. I need to go to the store and get some more peanut butter. I’m out. Bummer.

12. BKWilliams says:

Mmmmmmmmgood! A few slices of banana in the middle would be an additional way to serve this treat! OR Peanut butter and Marshmallow Creme….OH this is making me so hungry.

13. Oh that looks SOOOOO Good!

14. Zoe Kyklos says:

I went to the store and bought more peanut butter! & then I blogged about my love for peanut butter sandwiches! http://zoekyklos.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/peanut-butter-a-love-story/ Gotta love PB. Thanks for sharing. I think I’m on a peanut butter overload at this point, and it’s only been two days! I still need to try out this recipe, but with our cherry or blueberry preserves. Mmmm

;)

15. Jess Pilkington says:

This was awesome!! I always end up making two b/c it’s so good!!

16. Ohhh ive tried this before and I totally agree that it’s the tastiest way to eat pb&j~ :)