The benefits of using muslin to swaddle babies are myriad, but I had no idea until discovering the Anen + Anais brand. Muslin is a finely-woven breathable fabric believed to have originated in Bangladesh during the Middle Ages. It’s delicate yet durable weave makes the fabric stretchy, and therefore ideal for swaddling, The natural “give” allows the blanket to be tucked snuggly around a baby without being overly restrictive. The lightweight muslin also permits air to circulate around the baby’s body, while still providing comfort and warmth without the worry that the baby may overheat in moderate weather. Cotton muslin is also a workhorse fabric, in that wraps woven from this natural fiber stands up to repeated washings only becoming softer and better with age.
Sweet T is a little too old to still enjoy being swaddled, but that doesn’t mean she can’t still benefit from wearing muslin while she’s sleeping. Aden + Anais sleeping bags provide nighttime comfort and safety for older babies and toddlers. Sweet T is modeling a classic sleeping bag in Princess Posie print.
The classic sleeping bag is the perfect weight for these hot southern nights we’ve been having. The fabric is so breathable and comfortable. I’ve washed it five times now and it truly gets softer with each wash.
Disclaimer: Aden and Anais provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
1. “Like” Aden + Anais on Facebook Tell ‘em Sweet T sent ya! (1 entry)
3. Follow @SweetTMakes3 with Twitter and retweet the following: “Win a sleeping bag from @adenandanais and @sweettmakes3! #giveaway Enter at http://sweettmakesthree.com“(1 entry per tweet. Max 1 tweet per day)
4. Follow @adenandanais with Twitter (1 entry)
5. Subscribe to Sweet T Makes Three via reader or email (1 entry)
6. Vote for Sweet T on Picket Fence Blogs (can be done daily for one entry per day)
7. Add my button to your blog (3 entries)
Giveaway ends 5/4/11 at noon CDT. I will use random.org to choose a winner who will have 48 hours to respond to their winning notification before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to residents of the United States.